Yuca is a root vegetable also known as cassava and is very common in the Cuban cuisine. For this Yuca Salad, the yuca is boiled and mixed with olives, onion, cilantro and a tasty vinaigrette dressing. This dish can be served hot or cold and pairs well with turkey or pork for a delicious meal.
- 1 package frozen yuca
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sazón Latino
- 1/2 cup cut Spanish olives with pimentos
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Add yuca and 6 cups water to large pot. Heat over medium-high heat, covered, and cook 25-30 minutes, or until yuca is tender. Drain and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together lime juice, lemon juice, oil and sazón Latino.
- Pour dressing over yuca. Add olives and onions. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro.