Introduce your kiddos to Mediterranean flavors with this easy to make, ready in 10-minute Greek Orzo Pasta Salad. One of the reasons we love this pasta salad recipe is that you can easily change up the recipe with different veggies & dressings! Let the kiddos customize to their likely! Getting the kids involved in the prepping and assembling of this salad is a great way to empower them in the kitchen.
To complete the lunchbox serve with hummus, pita and a clementine.
Easy substitutions and additions in Greek Pasta Salad:
- Pasta – don’t like orzo? No problem, use your preferred pasta.
- Red or sweet onions
- Sweet or bell peppers
- Use 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 1/4 olive oil instead of Greek Vinaigrette
How long are leftovers good in the refrigerator?
You can store leftovers in the fridge for about 4-5 days. That’s why this is a great meal prep or lunch recipe, you can make this easy Greek Pasta Salad on Sunday night and serve it in lunchboxes for several days.
Nutrition Tip: Peas have low sodium and high fiber punch, making recipes more satisfying and filling.
Try this Mediterranean Lentil Salad for a protein-packed spin.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 12 oz. box orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 cup chopped baby kale
- 1 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup Kalamata olives halved
- 1 cup low-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette
- Combine orzo, tomato, cucumber, peas, kale, beans, olives, cheese and dressing in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving