Got strawberries? Make this easy homemade Strawberry Chia Jam! It’s not as hard as you think, I promise! Recipe sponsored by Wish Farms.
Making jam at home may sound a little intimidating, but it actually can be really simple. Since we love strawberries all year long, this recipe is great to keep on hand. This Easy Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam is made with just 4 ingredients and can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months!
If you have never made your own jam before, you are missing out! Strawberry Jam is actually super easy. Basically you are adding the ingredients to a sauce pan and boiling. Whether you’re spreading on toast, topping off waffles or enjoying on a parfait, this go-to Homemade Easy Strawberry Chia Jam recipe will become a staple in your house.
Nutrition Tip: These little superfood seeds soak up liquid to form a gel. They’re also packed with a kind of omega-3 fats called ALA that may help keep cholesterol levels and blood pressure at healthy levels.
What is the difference between jam and jelly?
For the longest time, I didn’t know the answer to this! But jam is made by smashing the fruit, and jelly is actually made with the liquid from the fruit. So making jam is pretty simple and a great way to use some fresh fruits that you have at your house.
Key Ingredients for this Easy Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam
- Strawberries– as one of our favorite fruits to have at the house, strawberries are super juicy, sweet, and loaded with great benefits! Vitamin C, Fiber, and other heart healthy benefits make this berry a super star!
- Maple Syrup– maple syrup is a great alternative to sugar as a sweetener.
- Chia Seeds– these little seeds are a power food! They are an excellent source of fiber which helps keep your digestive track in line. They are also great for our brains, bone health, and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Vanilla Extract– vanilla is actually a great healthy option to add flavor and sweetness. Vanilla offers antibacterial properties, antioxidants, and can also help reduced inflammation.
Make sure to check out our post to learn more about strawberries!
How to make this Easy Strawberry Chia Jam at Home
First start by heating a saucepan over medium high heat. Then add your hauled strawberries and the maple syrup.
Cover and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the berries begin to break down. Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for about 5 minutes longer, lightly mashing the strawberries as they break down.
Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently and mashing, until thickened.
Next add the chia seeds and vanilla, and let cook 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
Transfer to airtight jar or container. Seal and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam
- 16 Oz. strawberries leaves hulled, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add strawberries and maple syrup, cover and let simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to break down. Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil. Cook 5 minutes, lightly mashing berries as they break down.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently and mashing, until thickened.
- Add chia seeds and vanilla, and let cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer to airtight jar or container. Seal and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.