Switch up your classic pancakes with this simple Upside Down Skillet Pancake made with fresh apples. Top with a drizzle of syrup, yogurt, and fresh fruit for a breakfast the whole family will love.
You can never go wrong with whipping up some quick pancakes. However, it’s time to switch up your classic pancakes with this simple recipe. When the holiday season rolls around, this is definitely the kind of breakfast you want to sit down with your family for.
Nutrition Tip: Apples are an especially filling fruit, ranking high on something called the “Satiety Index”. They’re even more filling than foods like bananas and yogurt!
When it comes to selecting your apples, it’s all preference. Go for green if you want to eliminate some of the sweetness. We also recommend using whole grain pancake mix for extra nutrients.
Pairing this treat with a side of eggs and turkey sausage for a fulfilling breakfast. Don’t forget some freshly squeezed orange juice for that morning rush of vitamin C.
- 2 medium Chelan Fresh apples, peeled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole grain complete pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add apples, syrup, butter and pumpkin pie spice. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly and apples are softened.
- Whisk together pancake mix and water in separate bowl. Pour over apples.
- Place pan in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until pancake is set. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to loosen pancake from skillet. Place large plate over top of skillet and flip to release pancake onto plate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g