These crunchy, sweet, and satisfying chips are easy to make and are the perfect snack for after school or watching a movie. Get the kids involved by letting them spread the apples and sweet potato slices on the baking sheet and seasoning with cinnamon sugar.
Nutrition Tip: Sweet potatoes are versatile in that they go excellently with both sweet and savory dishes. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, these tubers aid in regulating blood sugar and may be a delicious option for those with diabetes.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Place apple and sweet potato slices onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until slices are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Chips will crisp as they cool.