This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice makes a great substitution in burrito bowls, tacos and more! Simply steam the cauliflower rice, mix in the lime juice, cilantro and salt, and you’re done in 5 minutes.
Nutrition Tip: Whether you prefer cauliflower pizza crust or simply cauliflower with a dollop of hummus, this veggie will deliver on both high fiber and vitamin C contents.
This cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe is a great low-carb, low-calorie side dish that can be made fast! It takes just five minutes if you’re using pre-packaged cauliflower rice, and approximately 15-25 minutes if you’re making your own. Either way, if you are a fan of Chipotle, this cauliflower rice recipe is a perfect substitute.
The Low Carb Life Can Still Taste Great
Cilantro lime cauliflower rice is a great low-carb diet side dish. When making this recipe, be sure to keep plenty of leftovers in the fridge. This way, you can easily assemble other meals throughout the week. You can also freeze some for later use, though admittedly it is much better made fresh! Cilantro lime cauliflower rice is excellent with many types of protein and is ideal for those on a low-carb diet.
Not only is this cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe low-carb and keto friendly, it’s also low calorie and packed with protein – approximately 10 grams per 16 oz bag of pre-packed cauliflower rice! Just make sure not to forget to squeeze out as much water as you can from the rice. You can use a cheesecloth or paper towel to squeeze out the excess water.
Cauliflower is high in fiber and antioxidants. It has also been found to fight inflammation. One cup of cauliflower contains only 25 calories, and is rich in fiber, which can help people lose weight. Fiber can also help people feel fuller, so they tend to eat fewer calories.
The best part about this cauliflower rice is that it takes on the flavor of the cilantro and lime really well making it the perfect accompaniment for Mexican or Thai cuisine. The recipe can also be eaten on a ketogenic, Whole30, or grain-free diet.
What Can You Eat With This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice?
So what can you eat with cilantro lime cauliflower rice? Here are a few ideas:
– Pair it with grilled chicken or shrimp for a complete meal.
– Top it with avocado, tomatoes, and/or cheese for a more flavorful and filling side dish.
– Stir in some black beans or corn for extra protein and fiber.
– Serve it as is for a simple and healthy side dish.
– Make a copycat Chipotle burrito bowl with the cilantro lime cauliflower rice as the base topped with some beans, protein, corn salsa, cheese, and sour cream. You’ll get all the flavors without the guilt. Yum!
You can also use this recipe as a base for your favorite casseroles. Pretty much anything you would use rice for, this flavorful substitute can take its place.
There are so many alternative ways you can flavor it too.
Instead of adding lime juice, cilantro, and salt, here are just a few ideas:
– Make it parmesan garlic cauliflower rice with half a cup of parmesan, one tablespoon of olive oil, and half a teaspoon each of garlic powder and salt
– Try a bowl of yellow cauliflower rice with one tablespoon of olive oil, and half a teaspoon each of turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
– Make it a “rice” pilaf by taking the yellow cauliflower rice and adding a quarter cup each of cooked carrots and peas
Once you start playing with your food – which we highly encourage – you can come up with all kinds of new recipes and ideas to expand your horizons and your cookbook!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 16 oz. package cauliflower rice
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place cauliflower rice in large bowl and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Strain any excess water.
- Add lime juice, cilantro and salt to cauliflower rice and mix well.