Everyone loves pasta and this veggie-packed version of ricotta stuffed shells offers all the flavor and comfort of a classic, family-favorite with a healthy twist. Prepare it for Sunday supper or add it to the recipe box as a go-to potluck dish.
Nutrition Tip: Popeye had the right idea by eating spinach to keep him strong, as this leafy green contains enzymes important for strengthening muscles.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Little Bear sweet onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 oz.) jar low-sodium pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, spinach, onion, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic in large mixing bowl.
- Fill each cooked pasta shell with 2 Tbsp. cheese/vegetable mixture and arrange in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with pasta sauce and bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 626Total Fat: 18.21gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 84.51gFiber: 12.05gProtein: 29.79g