Everyone loves pasta and this veggie-packed version of ricotta stuffed shells offers all the flavor and comfort of a classic, family-favorite with a healthy twist. Prepare it for Sunday supper or add it to the recipe box as a go-to potluck dish.
Nutrition Tip: Popeye had the right idea by eating spinach to keep him strong, as this leafy green contains enzymes important for strengthening muscles.
Cheesy Veggie Stuffed Shells
- 24 jumbo pasta shells cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 26 oz. jar low-sodium pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, spinach, onion, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic in large mixing bowl.
- Fill each cooked pasta shell with 2 Tbsp. cheese/vegetable mixture and arrange in 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with pasta sauce and bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.