Easy to make and delicious, these pancakes are the perfect way to add fruit to breakfast and sneak in those nutrients to get the family going on a hectic day.
Nutrition Tip: The blueberry might as well be referred to as the ‘Queen of Antioxidants,’ as these tiny fruits contain the highest antioxidant concentration of all other common fruits and vegetables.
Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons caramel dip
- 1 tablespoon pecans finely chopped
- Sift flours, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add milk, oil and egg, and mix until moistened.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Spoon ¼ cup pancake mixture onto skillet. Add sliced bananas and blueberries, and cook 2-3 minutes, or until pancakes begin to bubble. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes, or until done.
- Top with pecans and drizzle with caramel dip.