If you are looking for ways to add more vegetables to your family’s meals, you will love these dietitian approved veggie packed recipes. My kids do!
As the parent of both a picky eater and one that will eat just about anything, I know it can be tough to create a meal that both will love – and that I’ll feel good about feeding them. Through my role at Produce for Kids, I’ve had the opportunity to test my kitchen skills by developing and testing healthy, veggie-filled recipes with my family. Here are my top 10 family-tested, dietitian-approved veggie packed recipes.
- 30-Minute Veggie Tortellini Soup: This light, vegetable soup is ready in only 30 minutes, so it’s perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. Leftovers make for the perfect hearty lunch.
- Hidden Veggie Meatballs: Give a family favorite a healthy makeover! These meatballs are packed with veggies and made with turkey, to give them a healthy spin. Serve with veggie rice for a delicious dinner or as a fun appetizer.
- Mac ‘n Cheese Muffins: These Mac n’ Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they’re fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won’t even know they’re filled with veggies!
- Healthy Chicken Nuggets: Healthier than the usual chicken nuggets, these have a chicken and cauliflower filling and a bran flake crumb coating. Serve them straight from the oven or freeze them to pop a few into lunchboxes still frozen or bake until heated for a quick weeknight entree.
- Green Smoothie Pops: Enjoy the goodness of a green smoothie in a fun, frozen treat! Kids won’t even know they’re eating veggies. These green smoothie pops are a perfect healthy snack for summertime.
- Cheesy Veggie Stuffed Shells: Everyone loves pasta and this veggie-packed version of stuffed shells offers all the flavor and comfort of a classic, family-favorite with a healthy twist. Prepare it for Sunday supper or add it to the recipe box as a go-to potluck dish.
- Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast Sandwich: Get kids to eat their veggies with this fun and tasty green eggs and ham recipe! This healthy breakfast sandwich is ready in under 10 minutes and perfect for celebrating Dr. Suess’ birthday and St. Patrick’s Day.
- One-Pot Healthy Turkey Skillet: Looking for an easy, healthy meal that’s ready in under 25 minutes? This one-pot turkey skillet makes dinner and cleanup a breeze!
- Pepperoni Pizzadillas: Kids will love this fun take on pizza and can even help assemble these adorable ‘dillas! Add mushrooms or pineapple for even more nutrients.
- Savory Carrot & Zucchini Squares: These bars are a yummy snack or savory dessert. They are loaded with healthy veggies like onions, carrots and zucchini. Add dried fruits or pistachios for a sweet twist.
This year, we’re celebrating Food Day which inspires Americans to change their diets and our food policies. Every October 24, thousands of events all around the country bring Americans together to celebrate and enjoy real food and to push for improved food policies. October 24 is a day to resolve to make changes in our own diets and to take action to solve food-related problems in our communities at the local, state, and national level.