These Mac n’ Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they’re fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won’t even know they’re filled with veggies!
Nutrition Tip: Calcium and phosphorus in cheese work together to strengthen bones, muscles, and support heart health.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 3/4 sweet onion
- 1 cup baby cut carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz.) box whole wheat macaroni noodles, cooked according to package
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree onion, carrots and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix cheddar, mozzarella, egg, butter and olive oil in large bowl. Add cooked macaroni, vegetables and ½ cup bread crumbs. Stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with Fruit Naturals®
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 11.37gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 40.44gFiber: 3.76gProtein: 20.63g