Looking for something new and nut-free for your child’s lunchbox? Here are easy crepes recipes that they are sure to love. Plus, they are ready in under 10 minutes!
I know the lunchbox rut struggle is real. It can be hard coming up with creative lunchbox ideas for the kids day after day. Not to mention the struggle of adding fruits and vegetables to lunchboxes and hoping that the kiddos will eat it. Well, these easy crepes are a lunchbox idea that your kiddos are sure to love. We created a simple crepes that are both simple and savory that the kiddos will actually assemble themselves at school. Kids love it when we give them permission to play with their food 😉
Kids can get creative at lunchtime with these DIY easy crepes by filling with either the sweet mix of strawberries, bananas and yogurt, and go for a savory version with ham and cheese.
Did you know that you could crepes at the store? We love using them for lunches because they are nice and thin and pack great. You can also get them on Amazon.
Nutrition Tip: Probiotics are live bacteria that are present in certain foods, like Greek yogurt, that help enhance the body’s digestive system by improving the gut flora.
We know that back to school time can be a little stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! Prep as much as you can the night before and stay organized. You can make this whole DIY crepes lunchbox the night before so it’s ready to go in the morning. Don’t forget to have the kids help too!
Back To School Tips
One thing I like to help us all stay organized in the morning is line up the backpacks in the hallway for easier grabbing on the way out the door. Make sure to fill each backpack with the required school supplies so the kids will be ready to grab their gear and go!
Have a blackboard, dry erase board, calendar, or push pin board ready and cleared out to receive the school, sports, and other schedules and notices soon to pile up.
Prep lunches the night before!
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox solutions?
- 25+ Nut Free Lunchbox Ideas
- 34+ Non-Sandwich Lunchbox Ideas
- 10+ Ways To Add More Fruits & Veggies To Your Child’s Lunchbox
- Ultimate Guide For Packing Healthy Lunches
- 12+ Gluten-free Lunchbox Ideas
Sweet & Savory DIY Lunchbox Crepes
- 1/2 GROW by Organics Unlimited banana chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 slices low-sodium deli sliced ham chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 7-inch pre-made crepes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp. ranch
- Mix bananas, strawberries, yogurt and honey in small bowl. Add to small container or silicone cupcake liner in bento box. In other cupcake liner, add ham and cheese. Pair with 2 crepe halves. During lunch, kids can assemble themselves!
- Serve with blueberries, carrots and ranch.