A quick and easy dinner with fewer than 10 ingredients. Freshly squeezed orange juice adds flavor and moisture to this salsa chicken recipe. Liven up quinoa by adding just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 lime juiced, zested, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can low-sodium black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions chopped
- Combine chicken, orange juice, ½ lime juice and salsa in large sealable bag, mix well. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Empty contents of bag into 13×9 baking dish, coating chicken evenly. Place in oven and bake 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven, discard remaining marinade. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups water, remaining lime juice and quinoa in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, 1 tsp. lime zest and fluff with fork. Heat through.
- Serve chicken on top of quinoa. Top with additional salsa, if desired.