Enjoy the flavor of this delicious and healthy homemade popsicle inspired by the tasty peanut butter and jelly sandwich. These pops get their “jelly” flavor from fresh strawberries and blueberries, helping the whole family sneak in more produce!
Looking for a delicious and easy summer treat? Look no further than these peanut butter and jelly popsicles! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these popsicles are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Making popsicles at home is a great way to have complete control over what goes into them. You can use healthy ingredients and avoid all of the added sugar and artificial ingredients found in store-bought popsicles. Plus, they’re really easy to make!
There are endless flavor possibilities when you make your own popsicles. Use your favorite fruits, juices, and even add in some greens for a nutrient-packed treat. In our case, we added peanut butter to the mix for a sweet and savory blend.
To make these popsicles, simply combine berries, unsweetened rice milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and agave nectar, and pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze these popsicles for several hours, or overnight before you eat them.
Can I Swap the Ingredients?
Sure! Raspberries or blackberries instead of blueberries will still add a tart flavor to the mix, but they will change the color.
Or if you’re allergic to peanuts, you might want to try almond or even cashew butter. You might need to adjust the sweetener though because almond and cashew butter are sweeter than peanut butter. Whichever nut butter you choose, homemade popsicles are a delicious and healthy treat that everyone can enjoy!
There’s something special about homemade popsicles. Maybe it’s the fact that you can control all the ingredients, or maybe it’s the fact that they’re just so darn tasty. Whatever the reason, we think homemade popsicles are the best!
Here are just a few reasons why we think homemade popsicles are the best:
- You control all the ingredients. This means you can make them as healthy (or unhealthy) as you want!
- They’re usually much cheaper than store-bought popsicles.
- They taste way better than store-bought popsicles. Seriously, there’s no comparison.
- You can get creative with your flavor combinations. The possibilities are endless!
- They’re perfect for hot summer days (or any day, really).
These peanut butter and jelly popsicles are the perfect way to beat the heat this summer, but they are also delicious any time of the year! And, homemade popsicles are a great way to enjoy a healthy, refreshing treat without all the added junk. So next time you’re looking for a healthier snack that is delicious too, give these a try!
If you are looking for another delicious popsicle idea, try our Orange, Mango & Banana Smoothie Popsicles.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- Place blueberries, strawberries, vanilla extract, rice milk, peanut butter and agave nectar in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze 4 hours, or until solid.
Can I use 2% dairy milk? Also, honey for the agave nectar?
Yes, you can swap in your favorite milk for the rice milk and honey for agave 🙂