Whether you’re celebrating Taco Tuesday, looking for a fun game day snack or party appetizer, these mini wonton taco cups are perfect!
You can easily swap out ingredients with your favorite – go meatless with beans, top with salsa, or add your favorite veggies. These fun bite-sized appetizers are totally customizable.
Nutrition Tip: These fun little snacks pack nutrients that kids need, including protein, fiber, and iron. And chopped avocado, full of heart-healthy fat, makes them even more satisfying.
In this recipe, we cook together lean ground beef, taco seasoning, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro to create our taco filing. Then, line a mini cupcake pan with wonton wrapped, fill with taco filling, top with cheese and bake! Pi
Once they come out of the oven, we love to add avocado but you can also add salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or fresh chopped tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 Lakeside Beefsteak Tomato
- 2 mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 small Little Bear Sweet Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 1 Mission avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and return to pan. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add tomato, peppers, onion and cilantro to food processor and chop until fine (or finely chop by hand). Add to ground beef and mix well.
- Line muffin pans with wonton wrappers, place 1 in each cup. Add taco mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until wontons start to brown on edges.
- Top with avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g