This easy and healthy breakfast recipe is a spin on a comforting dinner classic. Ready in under 45 minutes the whole family is sure to love these Breakfast Stuffed Peppers.
Finding an easy breakfast idea that the whole family will love can sometimes be hard. Finding a healthy breakfast that is also easy to make that the whole family will love can be even harder. But, I found the solution! These Easy Veggie and Bacon Breakfast Stuffed Peppers were a hit with my family. I mean, isn’t everything better with bacon?!
Not only are these Breakfast Stuffed Peppers delicious, but they are the perfect way to get a hearty dose of veggies first thing in the morning, but they are also packed with protein for a filling breakfast any day of the week.
Key Ingredients to these Breakfast Stuffed Peppers:
- Bell Peppers of course 😉
Did you know that Bell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin A and C? So not only do they make for a fun way to serve breakfast (everyone loves eating out of an edible bowl) but they are really good for us!
Substitutions and Additions To Your Breakfast Stuffed Peppers:
- Switch out the kale for spinach
- Try crumbled breakfast sausage
- Use tomato sauce instead of salsa
- Add in even more veggies; try zucchini or summer squash
What do you serve with these stuffed peppers?
Since this is a pretty hearty breakfast I recommend serving up some fresh fruit on the side. I love adding something sweet when serving something savory, but adding fruit to the plate is another way to get an extra dose of nutrients to start off the day. Hashbrowns or a sweet potato hash would also be an excellent option.
How do you store leftovers?
Well, I am thinking that everyone will gobble up this healthy breakfast, but if you do end up with leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Either reheat them in the microwave until heated throughout (30-45 seconds or use the reheat option) or in the oven.
Can you make them the night before?
If you want to make this tasty breakfast the night before for an easy morning, I recommend completely all the steps, covering them and then reheating in the morning.
Does your family like breakfast for dinner? I know we do! These hearty breakfast stuffed breakfast would also make an excellent breakfast for dinner option.
Kale & Bacon Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers seeded, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1/2 medium tomato seeded, chopped
- 3 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale tough stems removed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange pepper halves in 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, bacon and kale, and cook 2-3 minutes. Spoon vegetables into pepper halves.
- Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over vegetable mixture in pepper halves.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, top peppers with cheese and return to oven. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each pepper with 2 Tbsp. salsa.