Get a hearty dose of veggies first thing in the morning with these breakfast stuffed peppers. They’re filled with veggies and packed with protein for a filling breakfast any day of the week.
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale, tough stems removed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange pepper halves in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, bacon and kale, and cook 2-3 minutes. Spoon vegetables into pepper halves.
- Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over vegetable mixture in pepper halves.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, top peppers with cheese and return to oven. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each pepper with 2 Tbsp. salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 8.24gSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 7gProtein: 15.14g