When cooler weather comes, nothing is more comforting than a hearty bowl of beef stew. While many recipes of this classic dish take hours to prepare, this version is made in the Instant Pot for a delicious, healthy meal in less time. Plus, clean-up is a breeze since you can brown the meat and cook the stew all in one pot!
Nutrition Tip: Beef is high in iron, which is key for growing kids. The kind of iron found in beef is especially easy for the body to soak up and use.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart unsalted beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 large RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- 1 pound the Little Potato Company red potatoes
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Once warm, add olive oil, meat, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until meat is browned.
- Add garlic, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, paprika, sugar, thyme. Stir to combine. Add onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to airtight. Press soup setting and cook 30 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release 10 minutes before releasing the steam valve.
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water in small cup. Add to Instant Pot to thicken sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g