We’re crazy for Hatch chili season! Even though the season only lasts a few weeks in August, these chilis can be roasted and frozen for later. For this tasty recipe, we combine Hatch chilis, cauliflower and cheese for a spicy, creamy sauce to spoon over chicken. The chicken and sauce cook together in the Instant Pot for easy clean-up. Serve over rice for a dinner the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Chicken with Hatch Chili Cauliflower Sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 12 oz. chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted hatch chilies
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- Add stock, cauliflower, chilies, onion, garlic, salt and cumin to Instant pot and stir. Add chicken.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high 10 minutes. Once it heats up and finishes cooking, turn the valve to venting to do a forced pressure release.
- Remove chicken. Use an immersion blender to blend cauliflower mixture in pot until smooth. Stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce and green onions.