This recipe uses rice as a unique whole grain carbohydrate to help round out the meal built around fresh veggies and fruit.
Hearty Garden Breakfast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 large eggs scrambled in a bowl
- 1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat; add broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add rice, cover and cook 1 minute. Add eggs and cook 2-3 minutes, or until firm. Stir in tomatoes and cheese.