Are you in need of a new healthy snack option? Try these Ham, Apple & Cheese Wraps! These are great packed up in the lunchbox, served as an after-school snack, or for a quick and easy party appetizer. This sweet and savory combination will be a hit!
I know what you are thinking, meat wrapped up with cheese and apples? Yes! It works. The sweet, crunchy apple slices pair perfectly with the savory ham and cheese for a crisp snack. We first came up with these little bundles last year. My kids were obsessed with Homemade Lunchables and we had everything out for them on the table. I grabbed a slice of ham, then an apple slice, then a piece of cheese and ate it while we were packing the lunchboxes. I surprised myself how much I liked them!
Nutrition Tip: This is an ideal post-sports snack because it packs both proteins for repairing muscles and carbs for restocking energy (bonus points for bone-building calcium!)
So then one day after school we made these Ham, Apple & Cheese Wraps when the kids had friends over, and they liked them, too! We have even made them as a healthy party appetizer. These make a great gluten free and low carb choice. So go ahead and grab your favorite variety of apples, your favorite cheese, and some deli ham to make these healthy snacks.
Key Ingredients for these Ham, Apple & Cheese Wraps
- Deli Sliced Ham
- Gala Apples
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese
We always keep apples in the house for a quick and easy snack. The kids love apples and so do I. Apples are loaded with fiber, Vitamin C, and antioxidants. They are known to help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Another benefit that I love is that they even have some components that are known to help keep your brain healthy, too.
For more on how to pick apples, how to store them, and some fun facts- check out our Produce Tips Page.
How to Make These Ham and Cheese Wraps with Apples
First wash and slice the apples. Then lay the ham out on a flat surface.
Place the apple and cheese slice in middle. Wrap the ham around slices and secure with a toothpick, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Additions & Substitutions:
- Other flavored cheese that would be delicious in this recipe: Swiss, Colby-Jack, White Cheddar, or any flavor your family enjoys.
- Want to sweeten these up a little bit? Add a little drizzle of honey.
- We used Gala apples but any variety that you like works, just fine.
- If you are serving them for a party you may want to dip the apples in some apple juice. Or check out our How to Keep Apples from Browning article.
- Adding these to a snack board? Serve them up with some crackers, grapes, pretzels, and some other fruits for a complete party appetizer selection.
Ham, Apple and Cheese Wraps
- 4 slices low-sodium deli ham cut in half
- 1 small Gala apple sliced
- 2 ounces sliced Cheddar cheese (8 slices)
- Lay ham on flat surface. Place apple and cheese slice in middle. Wrap ham around slices and secure with a toothpick, if desired.