Enchiladas with a fresh avocado spin! Avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats, potassium and fiber, making them one of the healthiest foods on the planet. These enchiladas can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve, plus the cilantro lime yogurt sauce adds tons of flavor.
Nutrition Tip: Did you know that the fruit with the highest protein content is the avocado? Besides protein, avocados contain high amounts of healthy monounsaturated fat that can lower cholesterol and support your heart.
- 2 (10 oz.) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ¾ cup (plus ¼ cup) reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1 can enchilada sauce to bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix chicken, avocado and ¾ cup cheese in large bowl.
- Place tortillas 3 at a time on microwave safe plate and cover with damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warmed.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, roll tightly and place seam-side-down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour 1 can enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- Combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt in blender until smooth. Drizzle on top of enchiladas before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 14gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g