We love blending veggies into recipes, adding nutrition and an extra serving of veggies where we can. Kids will have no idea that mushrooms are the secret ingredient in these tacos, giving them a healthy dose of calcium and Vitamin D. Top tacos with your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and salsa!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Highline Mushrooms® Fresh Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 12 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Combine chili powder, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, or until brown. Add turkey and cook 5-7 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Add seasoning and 3 Tbsp. water pan. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Top tortillas with turkey and with your favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 29g