Looking for a simple side salad that packs big flavor? This Mandarin Tossed Salad offers sweet mandarins, crunchy celery and a homemade dressing with a kick. Top it off with toasted almonds for some heart-healthy fats.
Recipe by Brenda Thompson of MealPlanningMagic.com.
Mandarin Tossed Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package salad greens
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 6 green onions sliced
- 3 Peelz Citrus mandarins peeled, segmented
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, salt and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Combine lettuce, celery, green onions and mandarins in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Top with toasted almonds.