Looking for a super easy and flavorful new weeknight meal that the whole family will love? Check out this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen one pot dish. This ramen is a serious upgrade to those packets of ramen from college. We added a healthy dose of protein with chicken and loaded up on veggies like onions, bok choy and carrots. And there’s no need for the sodium-filled packet of seasoning that comes with the noodle, it’s easy to flavor this ramen with a few simple ingredients.
Nutrition Tip: Chicken is a great source of high-quality protein, meaning that it contains the essential amino acids your body needs for protein —and would be a delicious addition to your next cookout.
Whether you are looking for something to warm you up on cold winter nights or just need an easy weeknight meal for those busy school nights, This Instant Pot Chicken Ramen is perfect. With just a few ingredients, some fresh veggies, chicken, and some ramen noodles, you can have a new dinner on the table in no time. Making this dish in the Instant Pot makes it a quick meal with easy clean up.
What we love about cooking in the Instant Pot
New to cooking in your Instant Pot? That’s okay! This is the perfect meal to help get you started. The Instant Pot (or other brands) are great because you can sauté, pressure cook, boil, all in one pot quickly. If you don’t have an Instant Pot that is okay. All of the steps can be done on the stove top, too. The Instant Pot just cooks chicken quickly and keeps it moist. Just leave yourself a little time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Key Ingredients for this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
- Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- Ramen Noodles
- Bok Choy
- Matchstick carrots
- Green Onions
What is Bok Choy?
If you are not familiar with boy choy, it is a type of Chinese Cabbage. It is a leafy green that is kind of in between spinach and water chestnuts. The taste is a little sweeter, too. Bok choy has some major health benefits such as some cancer fighting properties, it can help in maintaining healthy bones, and is loaded with fiber. That is just to name a few!
How to make this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
First start by washing and prepping all of the vegetables you are using. I also rinsed and trimmed the chicken breasts.
Next set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil, diced onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant. Then add in the chicken, chicken broth, onion, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and chili paste.
Then seal and lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 15 minutes. Once it has finished cooking let the steam natural release 5 minutes, then quick release. Carefully remove the chicken and shred.
Set the Instant pot back to sauté mode. Then stir in the ramen noodles, the bok choy, and carrots. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the noodles are softened. Add in the shredded chicken.
Top with green onion and cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili paste
- 6 ounces ramen noodles discard seasoning packets
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant. Add chicken, chicken broth, onion, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and chili paste. Lock lid and pressure cook 15 minutes. Natural release 5 minutes, then quick release. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set the Instant pot to sauté. Stir in noodles, bok choy, and carrots. Let sit 5 minutes or until the noodles are softened. Add shredded chicken.
- Top with green onion and cilantro.