Ready for a fun and festive idea this upcoming holiday season? Serve an extra special breakfast with this Holiday Avocado Toast! With 7g of fiber and full of good fats, this breakfast will help keep you fuller longer.
Well we have all heard of avocado toast, but why not try to make a festive spin on it with this Holiday Avocado Toast! Whole wheat toast loaded with avocado and some fruit for a healthy fun treat! I let the kids make their own decorations on the toast and they enjoyed it! Even if you think your kids won’t eat avocado, try this recipe. The kids are more likely to eat healthy items if they participate in preparing it and of course adding fun shapes always helps, too.
Nutrition Tip: Avocados can act as a nutrient booster by helping to aide in the absoprtion of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K.
We have been trying to get creative over here this holiday season and trying to keep the kids busy, too. We have been cooking and baking a bit more this year. For this recipe I let them cut the avocado with our favorite kid friendly knives. They mashed the avocado and decorated the toast. So this recipe is great to have the kids participate in.
What we love about Avocado
Avocados are a power food and loaded with so many wonderful benefits. They are easy to prepare and can be added in many recipes because of its mild flavor and soft texture. Avocados are high in healthy fats which which can help reduce inflammation in the body. These fats can also lower bad cholesterol and can even reduce the risks of some heart disease.
For more about avocados, make sure to check out our Avocado page!
Key Ingredients for this Holiday Avocado Toast
- Whole Wheat Toast– we love whole wheat or multi grain bread in our house. Use what your family enjoys. You could also make this on a pita or tortillas, too!
- Avocado or Guacamole– mash it up and enjoy all the great benefits of avocado! Or as an alternative you can use your favorite pre-made guacamole. We make it both ways.
- Pomegranate – pomegranates are loaded with healthy benefits, too. They are full of anti-oxidants and antiviral properties.
- Star fruit– is there really any other fruit that is more perfect for the “tree topper”? So tasty, too!
How to make this Holiday Avocado Toast
With fresh avocado
First cut the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the rest out and mash it up.
Use you favorite guacamole and spread out onto the toast.
To seed the pomegranate, cut it in half, push out the center a bit, and hold each half over a bowl with the seeds facing down and tap with the skin with a wooden spoon to release the seeds.
Next toast the bread. Spread the mashed avocado on top and decorate it with the pomegranate arils and a piece of starfruit. Or feel free to get creative with other holiday themed shapes!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Holiday Avocado Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 slices star fruit
- Toast bread. Spread avocado on top and decorate with pomegranate arils and starfruit.