The Ham Caprese Panini is not your average ham sandwich. Basil, provolone, spinach and tomato make this a gooey, delicious sandwich you’re sure to not forget.
There’s just something about a panini sandwich that makes it extra delicious. Maybe it’s the way the bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Or maybe it’s because you can fill it with all sorts of deliciousness, like ham and mozzarella or even a Caprese salad.
Whatever the reason, there’s no denying that panini sandwiches are absolutely delicious. And when you make them at home, they can be even better since you can customize them however you want. So if you’re looking for a delicious sandwich to make for lunch, consider making this panini!
What is the Best Side Dish for This Ham Caprese Panini?
A panini sandwich is a great way to show off your culinary skills. But what do you pair with it?
There are many options when it comes to pairing a panini sandwich. You can go the classic route and pair it with a soup or salad. Or you can get creative and try something new.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Pair your Ham Caprese Panini with a cup of tomato soup.
– Try it with a side of pesto and whole wheat pasta.
– For something different, try pairing your panini with some yummy roasted vegetables.
Is there really a wrong side to serve with a sandwich like this? We don’t think so!
What if I Don’t Have a Panini Press?
If you’re in the mood for a panini but don’t have a press, don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to make a delicious sandwich without one.
One option is to use a grill pan. Preheat your grill pan over medium heat and then place your sandwich on it, flipping once or twice until it’s golden brown and crispy.
Another option is to use a skillet. Simply preheat the skillet over medium heat and then cook the sandwich for two to three minutes per side, until it’s golden brown and crispy.
So there you have it – two ways to make a delicious panini without a press. So go ahead and give one of these methods a try next time you’re in the mood for this tasty sandwich!
I Don’t Like Ham – Can I Skip The Meat?
It’s easy to find a sandwich without meat these days. Just walk into any Subway and you’ll see the Veggie Delite front and center. But what if your sandwich of choice is something a little more…gourmet? Can you still enjoy a nice Ham Caprese Panini without the ham?
The short answer is yes, you can definitely skip the meat on these sandwiches and still enjoy them. The key is to load up on other flavors so that you don’t miss the ham. Good toppings to include are: roasted red peppers, avocado, grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, and cheese.
Pesto is also a great way to add flavor without meat.
So next time you’re in the mood for a gourmet sandwich but don’t want the meat, don’t be afraid to skip it.
And, it’s your sandwich so you can make it with any ingredients you like. It’s completely up to you!
Ham Caprese Panini
- 4 large whole wheat rolls
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound sliced low-sodium ham
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 8 large basil leaves thinly sliced
- Preheat panini press or nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Cut ¾ way through rolls, creating a hinge. Lightly butter outside of rolls. Assemble sandwich by adding ham, tomato, cheese, spinach and basil.
- Cook in panini press per instructions, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. If using skillet, place sandwich in skillet and lay heavy pan on top to press sandwich down. Cook 3-6 minutes, or until light brown. Flip and continue cooking 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.