This healthier, homemade version of frozen fish sticks is a kid-friendly favorite. Perfect for batch cooking too!
Fantastic Fish Sticks
- 1 pound tilapia
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Season Tilapia with salt and pepper, as desired. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and bake 8-12 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, green onions and lemon juice in mixing bowl. Break up cooked fish into pieces by hand. Add crumbled fish, egg and bread crumbs to mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Divide into 8 portions, form into rectangles and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning once, until firm and lightly golden.
- To freeze: Let cool completely and freeze in a plastic bag up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Place on a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes at 400°F.