A delicious and refreshing quinoa salad, perfect for cookouts and potlucks. Use agave nectar for a vegan side dish that’s ready in no time. To quickly cool quinoa, place in fine-mesh strainer and rinse with cold water.
Nutrition Tip: Cranberries are wonderful for supporting the heart, as they contain both anti-inflammatory phytonutrients and antioxidants that reduce the risk of developing CVD.
Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 small navel orange juiced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, mix salt, lime juice, orange juice, oil and honey. Add quinoa, cranberries, spinach, edamame and sunflower seeds. Served chilled.