This healthy spin on a traditional holiday favorite will have the family wanting to celebrate all year. Start a healthy tradition this holiday season.
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
Nutrition Tip: Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants and phytochemicals, which can help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Cranberry Balsamic Chicken & Stuffing Muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 2 pears chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 slices multi-grain bread cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 6 3 oz. chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly spray twelve medium non-stick muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat; add onions, peppers and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in pears, lemon juice, salt and poultry seasoning, and cook 1 minute. Add bread and remove from heat.
- Combine egg and chicken stock in bowl. Pour over bread mixture and stir.
- Gently press stuffing into muffin pan. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Run plastic knife gently around edge of each muffin before removing.
- While stuffing bakes, arrange chicken on 13×9-inch parchment-lined baking sheet. Poke breasts on both sides 6-7 times with fork and brush both sides with vinaigrette. Bake 25 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165ºF.
- Combine juice and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan over medium heat; add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add cranberries and cook, stirring continuously, 10 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Add pineapple and remove from heat.
- Top chicken with cranberry sauce.