This make-ahead family breakfast option takes the stress out of the morning rush. Packed full of nutrients to keep energy up during a long day, this new spin on oatmeal is sure to please.
Nutrition Tip: Move aside sports drinks! Try bananas with water for your recovery fuel. Studies have shown that bananas are excellent at replenishing electrolytes and glycogen stores after a workout.
Coco-Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cherries pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 banana sliced
- Combine rice milk, oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa powder, cherries and coconut in large mixing bowl until just incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans and banana. Serve cold or at room temperature.