This make-ahead family breakfast option takes the stress out of the morning rush. Packed full of nutrients to keep energy up during a long day, this new spin on oatmeal is sure to please.
Nutrition Tip: Move aside sports drinks! Try bananas with water for your recovery fuel. Studies have shown that bananas are excellent at replenishing electrolytes and glycogen stores after a workout.
As a busy mom, making breakfast for my family can be a struggle. With the rush of getting everyone ready and out the door in time, it’s often easier to skip breakfast altogether. But with coco-banana overnight oats, I’ve found a quick and delicious solution that saves me time in the morning.
These oats are not only easy to make, but they’re also incredibly nutritious and satisfying. Packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats from coconut milk and chia seeds, they keep us full until lunchtime. And the sweet combination of bananas and cocoa powder makes them taste like a treat rather than a healthy breakfast.
Coco-Banana overnight oats are a nutritious and delicious breakfast option that offer numerous health benefits. This recipe combines rice milk, rolled oats, chia seeds (or ground flaxseed), cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, pitted cherries, coconut, pecans, and banana to create a creamy and flavorful meal. One of the main benefits of overnight oats is their high fiber content, which can aid in digestion and help regulate blood sugar levels. Rolled oats are also rich in vitamins and minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc, and folate.
Rice milk is another key ingredient in this recipe that offers numerous health benefits. First off, rice milk is naturally lactose-free, making it a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or have dairy allergies. It also contains no cholesterol or saturated fats, which can help lower your risk of heart disease. And because it’s low in calories and fat, it can be a helpful tool for weight management. But the benefits don’t stop there! Rice milk is also high in B vitamins like thiamin and niacin, as well as essential minerals like calcium and iron.
Other essential components include unsweetened cocoa powder; it contains flavonoids that may help reduce inflammation in the body. Chia seeds are also necessary as they provide a good dose of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein. Lastly, the pitted cherries add some natural sweetness to the mix without spiking up your blood sugar levels.
Overall, these ingredients make for a tasty breakfast option with a balanced nutrient profile perfect to kick start your day. Moreover, they’re easy to find at most grocery stores or online health food retailers making it a convenient meal choice whenever you want something nutritious but don’t have much time on hand.
Coco-Banana Overnight Oats Serving Suggestions
Coco-Banana Overnight Oats is a tasty and healthy breakfast option. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Add more nuts: You can add your favorite nuts like almonds, pistachios or walnuts to give it a crunchy texture and added protein. It will also make the dish more filling.
- Top with berries: Adding fresh or frozen berries like blueberries, strawberries or raspberries will give it an extra burst of flavor and nutrition.
- Drizzle with honey: If you have a sweet tooth, drizzling some honey on top will enhance the taste and give it a boost of even more natural sweetness.
Overall, there are endless ways to customize your Coco-Banana Overnight Oats by adding different toppings or mix-ins that suit your taste buds and nutritional needs!
Coco-Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cherries pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 banana sliced
- Combine rice milk, oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa powder, cherries and coconut in large mixing bowl until just incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans and banana. Serve cold or at room temperature.