Kale and spinach in one dish together make this snack a nutrient-packed powerhouse! These veggie chips are healthy and just as tasty as regular old potato chips. Store leftovers (if you have any!) in an airtight container lined with uncooked rice to keep the chips crisp for up to five days.
Nutrition Tip: Just a half of a cup of raw kale provides you with 100 percent of the Daily Value for vitamin C. Try this vegetable in soups, smoothies, or even make your own kale chips!
Chili Lime Kale & Spinach Chips
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups baby kale tough stems removed
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oil, garlic, salt and chili powder in mixing bowl. Add kale and spinach, story gently coating each leaf. Remove any excess liquid.
- Arrange spinach and kale single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lime juice.