This recipe is not your average salad. Pistachios, apple and mozzarella make it extra fun and extra nutritious.
Nutrition Tip: Adding crunch to salads with a mix of fruits and vegetables not only makes your salad more satisfying, but also makes it more filling and nutritious.
Chicken Crunch Salad
- 4 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 10 oz. package spring mix
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Cook chicken on preheated medium-high grill 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden in color and firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- Toss salad, dressing, olives, cheese, pistachios, apple and cucumber in large mixing bowl. Top with sliced chicken.