This healthy fall-inspired treat is a spin on the traditional candied apple. Serve as an after-dinner dessert or as a treat at a fall birthday or Halloween party. Roll skewers in additional toppings like ¼ cup crushed nuts, shredded unsweetened coconut or chopped dried fruit, before caramel sets.
Nutrition Tip: Because this fruit is rich in fiber, apples are excellent for your GI health by stimulating digestion and preventing constipation.
- 1/4 cup caramel dip
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 medium banana, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- Microwave caramel dip on HIGH for 15 seconds, or until thin.
- Slide one piece apple and one piece banana onto each skewer. Carefully spread caramel on fruit and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in fridge and let set 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 8gSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 2g