Ready for a fun and healthy treat for Fall? These Caramel Apple Banana Bites are delicious and easy to make. This healthy fall-inspired treat is a spin on the traditional candied apple. Serve as an after-dinner dessert or as a treat at a fall birthday or Halloween party. Really, these would be great anytime of year when you are craving something sweet.
We have been having fun at our house creating some new and easy Fall treats like our Caramel Apple Yogurt Parfaits and our Caramel Pear & Apple Dessert Nachos. So we had some leftover caramel and decided to come up with these Caramel Apple Banana Bites. Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved a good caramel apple from the cider mill. I was craving one so knew we had to come up with a healthier version right here at home.
The kids loved these little bites and I couldn’t stop snacking on them either! Bananas, apples, caramel, and chocolate…what could be better? These treats are super easy to assemble and fun to make with the kids. Let them slice the bananas and apples with these kid friendly knives . Then they can drizzle the caramel and add the chocolate chips, too.
Nutrition Tip: Because this fruit is rich in fiber, apples are excellent for your GI health by stimulating digestion and preventing constipation.
Key Ingredients for these Caramel Apple Banana Bites
- Apples– you just need one apple cut into pieces for this recipe. If you want to make a bigger batch, cut up a few more. We used Granny Smith Apples for this recipe but any variety will do. Apples are a great thing to keep around in the house. Loaded with Vitamin C, Fiber, and so many other great benefits.
- Bananas– Bananas are high in fiber, which helps moderate blood sugar levels and even improve digestive health. They are a great source of potassium, too. So just slice them up for this recipe.
- Caramel- we just used the caramel dip from the store you can usually find it by the apples or in the baking aisle.
- Chocolate Chips- we used mini dark chocolate chips but any flavor will be great!
If you want to get creative a few more toppings would be delicious. You can roll the skewers in additional toppings like ¼ cup crushed nuts, shredded unsweetened coconut, or chopped dried fruit. Want to make them themed? Add some colored sprinkles for fun!
How to make these Caramel Apple Banana Bites
First start by cutting up the apples and bananas into pieces. Then microwave the caramel dip on HIGH for about 15 seconds, or until thin.
Next slide one piece of apple and one piece of banana onto each skewer. Carefully spread caramel on the fruit and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Place in the fridge and let set 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Make sure to PIN IT!
Caramel Apple Banana Bites
- 1/4 cup caramel dip
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 medium banana cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- Microwave caramel dip on HIGH for 15 seconds, or until thin.
- Slide one piece apple and one piece banana onto each skewer. Carefully spread caramel on fruit and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place in fridge and let set 10 minutes before serving.