Traditional latkes get a lightened-up makeover with this cheesy recipe! Instead of frying the latkes, these ones are baked for a healthier, crispy dish. We also subbed some of potatoes with riced cauliflower for added nutrients. Top with Greek yogurt and green onions or your favorite latke toppings.
Nutrition Tip: Cauliflower is both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health.
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grate potatoes and place on clean kitchen towel. Wrap towel around potatoes, hold over sink and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Stir in cauliflower rice, cheese and eggs. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add oil and stir.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into a 3-inch flat circle. Repeat with remaining batter on both baking sheets, forming 16-18 latkes.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set and browned underneath. Flip and bake 10 minutes, or until lightly brown on the bottom.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g