Visiting local citrus farms at this time of year is a perk of residing in Florida. I took my girls to the Showcase of Citrus, not really knowing what to expect as we pulled up to what looked like a weathered roadside farmer’s market. The girls were mesmerized when the staff handed us each a bag and drew on a map indicating what citrus was prime for picking.
The girls ran up and down the rows pushing back branches to find the perfect piece of citrus to pick. The grove seemed like it went on forever and we spent quite a bit of time walking and enjoying the sites and smells.
Both girls were very proud to bring home their bag of citrus for our family to consume over the coming weeks.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite kid friendly citrus recipes for you and your family to enjoy this citrus season!
- Citrus Shrimp Tacos from Healthy Family Project
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Citrus Asian Broccoli Slaw from Healthy Family Project
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sundried Tomatoes from Cookin’ Canuck
- Orange Pineapple & Coconut Mocktail from Healthy Family Project
- Lemon Frozen Yogurt from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Roasted Salmon from Healthy Family Project
- Cucumber Avocado Salad with Grapefruit from Cooking on the Weekends
- Chopped Sunflower Crunch Salad from Healthy Family Project
- Cranberry Clementine Salsa from The Lean Green Bean
- Citrus Sunrise Smoothie from Spoonful of Flavor
- Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade from Everyday Southwest
- Orange Carrot Raisin Mini Muffins from Healthy Family Project
- Winter Citrus Salad with Avocado Basil Dressing from Foxes Love Lemons
- Honey Lime Sweetened Fruit Salad from Tried and Tasty
- Flourless Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins from With Salt & Wit