One-pot lasagna takes on a new meaning with this easy-to-cook slow cooker recipe. Double the batch and freeze for a quick dinner later.
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint mushrooms chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1 pound 2% cottage cheese
- 2 cups plus 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 26 oz. jar low-sodium pasta sauce
- 2 large zucchini sliced ¼-inch thick
- 8 ounces no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, peppers, onions and spinach, and cook 5 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Mix cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and salt in mixing bowl.
- Assemble lasagna in slow cooker as follows: ⅓ of pasta sauce, single layer noodles, ⅓ of cooked vegetables, single layer zucchini and ⅓ of cottage cheese mixture. Repeat for another 2 layers. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cook on low 5 hours, or until noodles and zucchini are tender.