Give your lasagna a fun new spin with Mexican flavors! With all the flavor of your favorite enchiladas, this recipe is great for feeding a crowd without a lot of work. Serve alongside a chopped salad for a complete meal and nutritional boost.
Recipe and photography by Aggie’s Kitchen.
Nutrition Tip: The iron is beef is highly “bioavailable”, which means it’s easy for the body to use. And a small two-ounce portion of beef has as much protein as four tablespoons of peanut butter!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 6 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 package Chipotle & Cheddar chopped salad kit
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, peppers, onion and taco seasoning. Cook 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked. Stir in corn and remove from heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. enchilada sauce to bottom of 8×11-inch baking dish. Place 2 tortillas over enchilada sauce, overlapping each other.
- Add ½ of ground beef mixture on top. Top with ½ cup cheese. Top with 2 more tortillas, then remainder of meat and ½ cup cheese.
- Add the last 2 tortillas, then pour enchilada sauce over top to cover. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Top with sliced avocado and green onion. Serve alongside prepared salad kit.