This roasted tomato gazpacho is a chilled soup that’s full of hidden veggies, but overall maintains a very fresh, light and sweet taste (and smooth texture)! Perfect for the whole crew and so easy to make! Garnish with diced peppers, cucumbers, and extra Village Farms® Heavenly Villagio Marzano® tomatoes for a beautiful presentation.
Recipe and photography by @lunchesandlittles
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, quartered
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 slices sourdough bread, torn into pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread tomatoes, peppers and onions in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil and toss to coat.
- Roast 15 minutes, then add garlic cloves and roast an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Remove skins of peppers.
- Add onions, garlic, peppers and half of tomatoes to high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add remainder of tomatoes, bread and cucumber. Blend until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp. oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder and blend.
- Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with diced peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g