Looking for a fun snack or an elevated side dish that is easy to prep and the whole family will love? Warm up the air fryer and make these Air Fryer Accordion Potatoes!
Ok, how fun are these accordion potatoes? I know we all love a simple baked potato, but adding these accordion potatoes to your family’s dinner plate will not only impress, but make everyone smile. Who doesn’t love to permission to eat with their hands and pull apart their food?!
These air fryer potatoes are crispy, pull-apart goodness! And the best part? You can easily make them in an air fryer, with just a few extra steps to get those cuts in there. I promise, the extra steps are worth it!
These are fancy enough to serve at your holiday meals, but easy enough to make on any weekday.
New to using an air fryer? Check out this Beginner’s Guide To Cooking with an Air Fryer.
How to store leftover Air Fryer Accordion Potatoes
Well, if you have any leftovers that is…You can store them in an air tight container for 4 days in refrigerator or around 3 months in freezer. We recommend wrapping them in press n seal or freezer wrap to help avoid freezer burn.
Can you use different seasonings and/or toppings?
Of course! Feel free get creative with your seasonings and toppings!
You can add some grated Parmesan cheese to the seasoning mix for an cheesy and crispy twist. Experiment with different seasoning blends, such as Cajun, taco seasoning, or even curry powder.
Some delicious options include bacon, chives, or even a dollop of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
Can you cook these accordion potatoes in the oven?
Absolutely! You can also bake these potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Pro Cooking Tips
- Make sure to leave some space between the potato slices when arranging them in the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking and maximum crispiness.
- Don’t have wooden chopsticks or skewers? No problem! You can also use a pair of forks or even a clean pencil to create the accordion effect.
- Don’t stress about the slicing patterns! they don’t have to be perfect! In fact, have fun and get creative with it. You can experiment with angles and thicknesses to create different designs.
These fun air fryer accordion potatoes also perfect for snacking! Just serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Looking for more fun and healthy snacks to make in your air fryer? Here are a few of our favorites:
Alright, let’s make some air fryer accordion potatoes, shall we? Preheat your air fryer and let’s go!
Accordion Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- Peel the potatoes, then slice off the tops and bottoms followed by the sides to create flat edges. Slice down the peeled potatoes lengthwise to create 3 even thick pieces.
- Place one thick piece potatoes between a pair of wooden chopsticks or skewers and slice vertically.
- Flip the potato and slice diagonally. Repeat with all the potato slices.
- Mix together olive oil, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and dried rosemary in a small bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes. Line the basket with parchment paper and arrange the potatoes without overcrowding. Brush seasoning mixture over the potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes then shake and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.