Kids will love eating a “cookie” for breakfast and won’t even know they’re getting plenty of healthy fats, fruit and whole grains. Make an extra batch and freeze for a quick breakfast or snack. The cookies also pack well for travel.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup peeled, diced apples
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, honey, oil, pistachios, cashews, banana and apple in large mixing bowl.
- Combine oats, flour and cinnamon in separate mixing bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Separate into ⅓ cup portions and place on parchment-lined baking sheet about ½-inch apart. Bake 20 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 6gProtein: 13g