Couscous is a quick-cooking whole grain that’s growing in popularity. Spice up your side dish routine with this couscous salad! Roasted broccoli gives a unique flavor that complements the dried apricots and zesty sauce.
Nutrition Tip: Couscous is a tiny version of pasta that’s speedy to cook and popular in North Africa. The whole wheat version packs more fiber and protein than regular couscous.
Middle Eastern Broccoli & Dried Apricot Couscous Salad
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 small navel orange juiced, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat couscous
- 12 dried apricots coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss broccoli in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and lay single layer on baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Whisk juice, zest, ¼ cup oil, salt, and pepper together in small bowl.
- Combine broccoli, apricots, and couscous in large bowl. Add dressing and mix to coat well. Top with sunflower seeds.