Add flavor and a healthy dose of veggies to your burgers! When it’s time to fire up the grill for the summer, make sure to add this recipe to you list. Top with your favorite burger toppings like lettuce, tomato and pickles.
- 4 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 3 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 slices lowfat Cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Place mushrooms, peppers and onion in food processor and blend until fine. Place veggies in kitchen towel and ring to remove excess water.
- Place beef in large bowl. Add veggies, garlic and seasoned salt. Mix well and form into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium heat 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Top with cheese and transfer to buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 12gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 774mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 38g