There’s always an abundance of veggies like tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms during the summer. For this Grilled Summer Vegetable Pizza recipe, we grill the veggies first to give them a delicious flavor then add to our pizza along with fresh mozzarella for a meal the whole family loves. Have different veggies on hand? This pizza is customizable to your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Tip: Vidalia onions are sweeter than other onions, but are still a good source of the antioxidant vitamin, vitamin C.
Why we love this veggie pizza
If you’re looking for a delicious way to get more vegetables into your diet, consider a Grilled Summer Vegetable Pizza Recipe. This healthy recipe is quick and easy to make. And the best part is, it keeps the heat out of the kitchen!
Grilled summer vegetables are the star of this delicious pizza. The veggies should be lightly grilled but not overcooked. The crust should also be golden brown. Add more fresh herbs or cheese if desired. Make sure not to add too much moisture to the grilled vegetables, because they may become soggy. The veggies will release moisture while cooking, and the excess will soak into the crust.
This pizza is delicious and easy to make. It is great for the summer. The grilled vegetables and cheese give it a smoky flavor that you’ll love. It’s also quick and easy to prepare, so it’s perfect for a weekend grilling session.
Grilled Summer Vegetable Pizza Health Benefits
Grilled summer vegetable pizza is an easy and delicious summer meal. This healthy and delicious pizza features a crispy crust, lots of fresh vegetables, and melted cheese. It’s also quick to prepare and great for grilling on the weekends. The vegetables get the perfect smoky flavor from the charcoal grill.
Here’s a peek at what’s on our grilled summer vegetable pizza:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are packed with lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to lower rates of cancer and heart disease.
- Sweet onion: Sweet onions are a good source of quercetin, an anti-inflammatory compound that can help reduce the risk of arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Zucchini: Zucchini is loaded with vitamins and minerals like potassium and vitamin C, which can boost your immune system and help keep your skin looking healthy.
- Portabella mushroom: Portabella mushrooms are one of the best sources of antioxidants in the world, making them great for preventing cell damage. In addition to being high in fiber, mushrooms are also a great source of vitamin D, which can help keep your bones strong.
- Whole wheat pizza: Whole wheat pizza has many benefits that make it a healthier option than traditional pizza. For one, whole wheat flour is packed with nutrients like fiber and protein. This type of flour also has a lower glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar as much as other types of flour.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Grilled Summer Vegetable Pizza
- 3 plum tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 small sweet onion sliced
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 12-inch premade whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 4 oz. part-skim mozzarella ball, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Toss tomatoes, onions, zucchini and mushrooms with ½ Tbsp. oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Grill 10-15 minutes on preheated grill, or until tender. Remove from grill. (You can use a grill mat or aluminum foil on grill for easier grilling.)
- Coat pizza crust with remaining ½ Tbsp. oil. Add garlic, vegetables and cheese. Place pizza on grill, close lid and grill 5-7 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.