Who says rich, chocolatey brownies can’t be a better-for-you dessert? We swap the oil and butter in traditional recipes with avocado for less saturated fat. You won’t even be able to taste the difference!
Nutrition Tip: Adding avocado to your plate ensures that you are receiving fat-soluble vitamins A, E, and K, as well as healthy monounsaturated fat that helps the body absorb these vitamins.
Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 avocados
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until bubbly and fluffy.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH in 15 seconds increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- With mixer running, add chocolate to egg mixture. Fold in cocoa, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Mash avocados in separate bowl until very smooth. Add to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.