Craving a lunch or dinner that’s light, but filling? This Chicken Waldorf Salad is just the thing! Filled with 28g of protein, lots of fruits and veggies, crunchy nuts, and brought together with a lightened-up Greek yogurt dressing, it’s the perfect meal any time of the year. Serve solo, over a bed of salad greens, or in a wrap.
Nutrition Tip: Greek yogurt is an ideal swap for mayo because it’s thick and creamy–but unlike mayo, it offers protein and calcium too. Greek yogurt is lower in (natural) sugar and higher in protein than regular yogurt.
Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
- 2 medium Gala apples diced
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice and honey in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, apples, grapes, celery and walnuts in large bowl. Add yogurt and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.