When you can pull together a healthy, homemade meal is just 15 minutes, there’s no reason not to make these easy Chicken Teriyaki Bowls! This recipe calls for broccoli, but you can swap in your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand – carrots, mushrooms, peppers and onions just to name a few. Then we top the dish with pineapple for a sweet touch.
Nutrition Tip: Brown rice is a whole grain because it hasn’t been stripped of its bran and germ layers like white rice. So it has double the fiber of white rice and more vitamins and minerals.
Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- Heat ½ Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add veggies and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken and teriyaki sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in pineapple.
- Top rice with chicken and veggies.