Halloween is coming up and not all of the treats have to be candy. Check out these fun and healthy Candy Corn Parfaits that the kids will love snacking on. These healthy Halloween treats are perfect for parties and are a great way to get kids in on the action.
Halloween is one of of our favorite holidays at our house! This kids love getting excited, picking out costumes, and of course the night itself. I love decorating the house, the cooler weather, and some cozy comfort foods. We all love the candy, don’t get me wrong. But we try to come up with some creative healthy treats to enjoy at our home. These Candy Corn Parfaits are fun, easy to make, and healthy. Cups filled with fresh fruit and topped with some low-fat Greek Yogurt. These make the perfect after-school snack during October or for any Halloween party.
This Halloween treat doesn’t really get any easier. So make sure you let the kids help out with this one! Let them do it all if they can. And then everyone can enjoy these fruit parfaits together after assembly.
Looking for other healthy Halloween treats? Make sure to check out our 25+ Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
Nutrition Tip: Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapples that can help reduce inflammation in muscles and joints due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Key Ingredients for these Candy Corn Parfaits
- Mandarin Oranges– these little mini oranges are so juicy, sweet, and the kids love that they are bite sized. Easy to peel and perfect to layer in these parfait cups. Mandarin Oranges are loaded with Vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. They contain high amounts of Vitamin A which is great for our vision and skin health, too.
- Pineapple– we love fresh pineapple in out house! So juicy, sweet, and the kids just love it. Pineapple is a great source of Vitamin C, magnesium, copper, and folate.
- Greek Yogurt– this thick yogurt is great as a healthy sweet alternative to whipped cream. Loaded with calcium, protein, and contains less sugar than regular yogurt, too.
How to Make these Candy Corn Parfaits
First start by gathering some clear glasses or even plastic cups. Then peel the Mandarin oranges and cut up the pineapple into chunks.
Then layer the Mandarin Orange slices in the bottom of the glass. Add the pineapple chunks in the middle. Then top it off with a scoop of Greek Yogurt. Serve right away and enjoy!
If making for a party, store the parfaits in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make sure to PIN IT!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use regular oranges?
Of course! You may just need to cut them into smaller pieces to fit into the glass.
Can we use regular yogurt?
Yes! Vanilla, plaint, low-fat, or even an orange flavor would work well too.
Candy Corn Parfaits
- 2 mandarins peeled, segmented
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Layer mandarins, pineapple and yogurt in a parfait glass.