Blueberries and brie are a delicious combo! Their pair perfectly, along with cinnamon and a little honey, in this tasty quesadilla recipe. Perfect for a quick snack, light lunch or even as dessert!
Make-ahead tip: make a large batch of the blueberry sauce ahead of time to quickly assemble these quesadillas in a hurry. The blueberry sauce also make a great topping to waffles, pancakes, yogurt and more!
Note: The post is sponsored by Wish Farms. All opinions are our own.
Nutrition Tip: Blueberries are brain food! They’ve been shown in research to help learning and memory–likely thanks to the same beneficial plant chemicals that make them so blue.
Blueberry & Brie Quesadillas
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 ounces brie cheese thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat small pot over medium heat. Add blueberries, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes or until blueberries start to break down. Mash with a fork and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Place tortilla on skillet and layer with cheese. Once blueberries cool, pour evenly over top. Add second tortilla.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottom. Carefully flip and cook additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before cutting.