Classic Chinese chicken salad goes plant-based with this delicious vegan recipe. This pasta salad is packed with mini sweet peppers, mandarins, green onions, spinach and carrots, then tossed with a sesame ginger dressing and topped with Chow Mein noodles for added crunch.
Nutrition Tip: People who eat a vegan diet need to make sure they’re getting enough iron, which is rich in meat. In this recipe, the vitamin C found in the mandarin oranges and peppers helps the body absorb the iron from the pasta.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 Red Sun Farms bell pepper, sliced
- 3 Peelz Citrus mandarin oranges, peeled, segmented
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups organicgirlⓇ baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger dressing
- 1/4 cup Chow Mein noodles
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Mix pasta, peppers, oranges, green onion, spinach, carrots and dressing in large bowl. Toss to coat well. Top with Chow Mein noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g