Make an extra batch of these healthy turkey burgers to have on hand for your next grill out or football game..
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet onion sliced
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 apple cored, sliced
- 4 rainbow bell peppers seeded, sliced
- 1/2 mango diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender and brown. Turn heat to low and keep warm.
- Cook patties on preheated medium grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until firm.
- Assemble bun with burger, cheese, tomato and onion/mushroom mixture.