Capture your favorite summer picnic in a bento box! Chicken salad gets a makeover by swapping Greek yogurt for the mayo and adding grapes.
Nutrition Tip: Greek yogurt is not only a delicious option, it contains high levels of lactic acid which promotes gut health.
How do you #PowerYourLunchbox? Show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram using #PowerYourLunchbox.
Looking for more lunchbox ideas? We’ve got you covered with 70+ ideas including make-ahead ideas, non-sandwich lunches, ideas for repurposing leftovers, and vegetarian, nut-free and gluten-free recipes.
Or check out all of our back-to-school content on our blog. A few of our most popular posts include:
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing Healthy Lunchboxes
- After-School Snacks that Won’t Ruin Dinner
- The Best Lunchboxes for Kids
- 20 Lunchbox-Packing Tips & Hacks from Parents
- 6 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2/3 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 15 raisins
- 8 whole wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Mix yogurt, honey, mustard, garlic powder, pepper and salt in large bowl. Add chicken, grapes, pecan and onions. Mix well.
- Assemble Ants on a Log with celery, peanut butter and raisins.
- Serve with crackers and strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 21gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 15g